Lighthouse Foundation Fighting Hunger
The Lighthouse Foundation: Harborside weekly homeless meals for the homeless, is a weekly event happening every Thursday . Come help Lighthouse Church volunteers provide a warm meal and necessary provisions to the homeless community living within and around the south bay area. This event enables the distribution of more than 100 meals each week as well as essential toiletries to homeless families and single individuals. This event is solely operated by volunteers and is always in need of a helping hand. If you would like to aid in the fight against hunger, the lighthouse foundation needs you! Contact lighthouse cares foundation in our contact page.
Continue reading Weekly Homeless Lunch Every Thursday
Why we donate blood and why we care:
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 41,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
- The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
- Sickle cell disease affects more than 70,000 people in the U.S. About 1,000 babies are born with the disease each year. Sickle cell patients can require frequent blood transfusions throughout their lives.
- More than 1.6 million people were diagnosed with cancer last year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
American Red Cross
Join us in making a difference by giving blood during our blood drive happening at our southbay campus.
Dates to Be Announced